Want to scale a creative business?
Nicework is looking for an MD to step in and help build a multi region branding and Service Design agency. We have been running for almost 13 years now and are looking to take the next big leap. Do you want to direct and control Nicework’s operations and to give strategic guidance and direction to the company to ensure that we achieve everything we can.
Salary range of R60 000 - R80 000
- Wanting to grow the next great branding and Service Design company in Africa
- Experienced at a senior level general or commercial management, preferably in a the creative fields.
- At least 5 years’ senior level experience of management of people and resources.
- Really smart with a higher degree in a management discipline or a professional qualification. Or you have on the equivalent job experience
- Interested in the broader creative industry and have an understanding of the business that underpins it.
- Interested in new business models and how to disrupt an industry
- Good at financial management and wider management principles and techniques.
- Political and presentational skills with an appreciation of the demands of conflicting interests and of meeting statutory requirements.
- A very high level of commercial awareness.
- Excited about leading people and growing them to lead others
- Clear in your communication
- Very, very organised
- Detail oriented
- Capable of looking at projects from a macro and micro perspective and are comfortable zooming in and out of these mindsets
- At your best around people and possess the subtlety of thought to push or give as needed
- Impressed by this bullet point list
Your Primary Responsibilities:
- Directing and controlling the work and resources of Nicework
- Recruitment and retention of the talent we need to deliver the work we do. Balanced across creatives, planners and technical staff
- Driving and encouraging organisational learning. Building the talent in Nicework and supporting their career paths
- Prepare an annual business strategy and monitoring progress against this strategy to ensure that Nicework is achieving its objectives as cost-effectively and efficiently as possible.
- Provide strategic advice and guidance to the Chairman, to keep them aware of developments within the industry and to ensure that the appropriate policies are developed to meet Nicework’s mission and objectives and to comply with all relevant statutory and other regulations.
- Establish and maintain effective formal and informal links with major customers, relevant government departments and agencies, local authorities, key decision-makers and other stakeholders generally, to exchange information and views and to ensure that Nicework is providing the appropriate range and quality of services.
- Keep us current Develop and maintain research and development programmes to ensure that Nicework remains at the forefront in the industry, applies the most cost-effective methods and approaches, provides leading-edge products and services and retains its competitive edge.
- Prepare, gain acceptance, and monitor the implementation of the annual budget to ensure that budget targets are met, that revenue flows are maximised and that fixed costs are minimised.
- Develop and maintain our marketing and public relations strategy
- Attend global conferences and bring back best practice learnings to apply both to the company and to our clients.
- Represent Nicework in negotiations with customers, suppliers, government departments and other key contacts to secure the most effective contract terms for Nicework
- Develop and maintain the Nicework standard of doing things to ensure that the best possible mix of products and services are delivered to our customers.
- Identify areas of white space in the industry
Bonus points if you:
- Can create PowerPoint and Keynote presentations
- Are interestend in education
- Own large tracts of land we can holiday to
- We are a fast growing company
- We are moving in a new direction with 13 years of experience as a runway
- We actively invest in learning at Nicework. There is a seat on a design thinking course at the Delft university waiting for you
- We organise CreativeMornings Johannesburg - https://creativemornings.com/cities/jhb
- We have an unlimited leave structure
- Personal coach every month
- We work with both medium to large companies and big corporates across a variety of media
- Being part of a dynamic growing team
- All the snacks you can eat
Nicework is a great place to work. You will grow, learn and have fun doing it. We built the business to feel like a family and everyone here has everyone else’s back. It’s not for everyone but you are not just anyone now are you?
How to apply:
If this sounds like the shizzle, please send a short email to info @ nicework dot co dot za. Put the position you're applying for and your name in the subject line. Please send a cover letter with your application. It should include your take on who Nicework is, what our value proposition is and who our clients are. Don't forget to attach your CV.
Public service announcements:
Proofread! Make sure the spelling, punctuation and language are good. Show that you care :)
If you are from a recruitment agency, please do not get in touch. We understand that you are trying to do your job, but there is no honey here. Sorry.